Monday, April 1, 2013

My Eeyore Kind of Day

"There are those who will wish you good morning. If it is a good morning. Which I doubt." ~Eeyore, Winnie the Pooh


Picture
I know. Winnie the Pooh is a children's book. Written for six-year-olds. Which is totally appropriate for today's post. Because I feel like a six-year-old today.



And sometimes this blog is all about keeping it real.

I'm having an Eeyore kind of day.

It's gloomy outside. And 38 degrees. And April, for heaven's sake!

I have a cold settling in my chest and a kink in my back that I feel Every. Time. I Breathe. This is annoying at best and painful at worst.

It's state assessment time. This always raises my blood pressure. High stakes tests drive me crazy! I go from feeling like I'm actually making a difference to feeling like I the worst teacher in the world as I watch those scores roll in.

I have to travel an hour each way to administer state assessments this week. I'll have to leave before 7am and I won't get home until after 6 pm. My children get to fend for themselves during that time. This makes me feel like a "rock star" mom.

I'm getting an ulcer thinking about all of the things I have to do to get this house ready to sell.

I have to plan a graduation party. I have no idea where to begin.

People are disappointing me. Family...Friends...People I thought were my friends. I am certain I am disappointing them as well.

My son's dog is "Marley" at his best and "Cujo" at his worst. People tell me he'll be better at three. He might not make it to three.

My son is rarely ever here. Which makes the above mentioned dog "my dog." I don't like dogs.

It is incredibly unfair that in order for me to fit into my clothes or even give a mediocre performance at the gym, I have to be uber-meticulous about what I put into my mouth when it doesn't seem like anyone else around me has to.

I'm tired of saying the same things over and over: "Put your dishes in the dishwasher." "Hang up your towels." "Clean up that mess." "Stop calling him/her a ________." "Is your homework done?" I feel like a nag. And a broken record.


It's gonna be hard for me to get to the gym this week. This irritates me.

I don't really even want to go to the gym this week. This irritates me even more.



My son had a double-header baseball game tonight. It was beyond cold. Sitting out in that did nothing for the above-mentioned cold.



I can still only press 60 pounds. No matter what I do...that upper body strength just isn't getting any better.



It was cloudy today with a chance of rain. For those of you that know my youngest daughter...that meant a melt-down before dance class and a panicked phone call on the way. I had to tell her for the millionth time that it probably wasn't even going to RAIN, let alone tornado. I wasn't as nice as I could be about it.



I miss Better Half. I miss his friendship, but I also miss him being able to help me with all of the above stuff.



But his texts indicate that he's not having that stellar of a day, either.



It must be a family thing.



"That Accounts for a Good Deal," said Eeyore gloomily. "It Explains Everything. No Wonder."

No comments:

Post a Comment