Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Happy Spring?

I wonder if God thinks that the only way to get me on board with the whole "move to California" thing is to make it permanently winter here in the Sunflower State.

Except it isn't permanently winter.  Mother Nature is a horrible tease.  This weekend was beautiful.  I even regretted wearing capris to Youngest Son's baseball scrimmage as opposed to shorts.

Yesterday morning...at 5 am...it was 77 degrees.  It was uncomfortably hot at the gym.  By noon...it was 47.  By 5:30...37.

This morning, we woke up to this:
Picture
And this:
Picture
Picture
And a quarter of our Bradford Pear in the neighbor's yard.  
Picture
Picture
Picture
Thanks to the help of my two sons and youngest daughter, it is now all (more or less) on our driveway.
Picture
And I would not at all be surprised to see a faun, or a lamp post, or a White Witch in a sledge, as I am starting to worry that  it will always be winter.  Always winter and never Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment