Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sorry I Haven't Written...

But I've been following the old adage that all moms give..

"If you can't say (or in this case, write) anything nice, don't say (or in this case, write) anything at all."

I was talking to a friend of mine a few days ago.  Her son, who isn't all that much older than my oldest daughter, is in the Marines.  He just deployed to Afghanistan.

I asked how she was doing.  She said, "I'm not suffering whiners lightly."

And for good reason.  His living conditions are primitive. And uncomfortable. And dangerous.  And he's protecting our freedoms.

I don't think she was specifically talking about me, but her comment stopped me cold.

I've been doing a LOT of whining.  So to those of you who have the bad luck to have your numbers in my phone or to be friends with me on Facebook, or worse, to be friends with me in person...I apologize.

And then I saw this on Pinterest the other day.  I'm making it my new motto:



No comments:

Post a Comment