Sunday, February 10, 2013

Progress Reports--CrossFit Style!

I started CrossFit up again about a month ago.

And for as bad as I am at it, I'm surprised at how much it has taken over my life.

I now watch YouTube videos of Olympic lifts in my "spare" time (Okay, fine. Right before I head to class so I don't look like a complete idiot when they tell us that today we're going to work on_______________.) But still...it's weird how much of my browsing history is YouTube videos of weightlifting.

I find myself trying to perfect my squat form while doing things like unloading the dishwasher and picking up laundry from the basement floor.

My friend and I were even trying to "hang out below parallel" with her 1 year-old yesterday. She with much more success than I.

Now it's creeping into my work environment.

It's the end of Trimester 2 at our school, and time to send out progress reports. My "super spreadsheet" is loaded with all of the info that will give parents a (hopefully) fabulous picture of the second 1/3 of their child's school year.

But that's just the beginning. Now comes the real work. The stuff that's Gonna. Take. Forever.

That's exactly what I think every time I look at the CrossFit WOD (Workout Of the Day). Gonna. Take. Forever.

But it never really takes forever. In fact, sometimes I'm amazed at how fast they're done.

So maybe progress reports will go a little bit better a la CrossFit!


Trimester 2 Progress Report WOD

Merge Spreadsheet to Progress Report Document.

Then

"Paperwork Gone Bad"

3 Rounds of:
5 progress reports mail merged to individual PDFs
5 progress reports KMailed to parents/learning coaches
5 progress reports uploaded to TotalView Notes
*3 minute rest between each round to wander aimlessly around the kitchen, opening cabinets to see where the Diet Coke and Dove Chocolate "reward system" for getting this far used to be but, alas, is no longer--thanks to things like "Paleo" and "Whole30" and "wanting to be able to wear a bathing suit this summer."

Post time to comments.

Cash Out:
Save all progress reports to .zip file. Email file to principal and assistant principal.

No comments:

Post a Comment