Friday, June 22, 2012

I've Got A Feeling

It started a couple of weeks ago.

I started wondering about some things.  Things like "What if we..."

For the record--those were not prayers.  Only musings.  I have learned that one should be VERY CAREFUL what one prays for.

For example, "Lord do whatever it takes to fill in the blank here..." is pretty dangerous prayer territory.  My finite human brain can't even fathom what license that might give the Almighty.

So again, God.  I wasn't praying.  Just wondering.  I think you misunderstood me.

And yet...

I've got this (I'll be completely honest, here--SINKING) feeling that we are at a bend in the road.  We've been cruising down this one for several years and it's been pretty smooth.  Paved...four lanes...65 mph...just a few road construction detours along the way.  The scenery's been pretty good, and we've made good time.

But now the road is turning.  I'm not at all sure what the next leg is going to look like.  It might be the most amazing part of the journey yet.  Or the most terrifying.  Or both.

I sincerely hope this is all just coincidental and to at all a direct result of my musings.

Because--

I. Was. Just. Wondering.

I. Was. Not. Praying.

Time will tell.  But either way, we'll be sure to send you a postcard.


No comments:

Post a Comment