Friday, June 29, 2012

Go Big or Go Home (or to the E.R.)

I think I mentioned that I am on a money-saving kick.

Along with reusing everything  I possibly can, I'm also trying to eat food we already have as opposed to buying new.

So I spent some time digging around in my deep-freeze.  It was kind of like an archaeological excavation.  You could see my "buy cheap" phase, my "buy organic" phase, my "vegan" phase, my "the kids are wearing me down--let's eat a bunch of crap" phase.. All in nice, neat, layers.

And this weekend, my family (unbeknownst to them) is going to help me test exactly how long chicken breasts can be frozen and then thawed and grilled.  :o)

The tightwad gazette lady's got nothin' on me!


1 comment:

  1. I'm resurfacing from 7 weeks of drowning in classes and am now catching up on blogs. Just wanted to say I LOVE reading yours!!

    ReplyDelete