Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Time Out

I apologize.

For going off the grid with no warning.

But it was the "Love and Logic" consequence for 11+ years of procrastinating.

"I'll paint that later."

"We'll remodel that sometime."

"I'll fix that this weekend."

"We'll parent them better tomorrow."

The result was inevitable.

A monumental grounding of epic proportions.

No Facebook. No blogs. No social life. No exercise. No sleep. No reading for pleasure.

Until the work was done. The repairs made. The damage controlled.

It wound up taking all summer.

And still, we had to rely on reinforcements.

Dear friends, family, plumbers, electricians, doctors (the psychiatrists will come later, I'm sure), etc. stepped up and helped us out.

I don't have adequate words to say thank you.

And the work is finally done.

Our house here has a "SOLD" sign in the front yard.

A house (that I have never seen In. My. Life.) in the Inland Empire has a contract on it. But that's another post.

During all of this, people would ask about Facebook. I'd say I'd been grounded from it. And the response would be, "How am I going to read your blog???"

Or, "Now, when you move to California, you're going to get back on Facebook again, right?"

First of all, even though I only maintain this blog for my sanity, my inner narcissist is very happy that people besides immediate family members read it.

It's going to be lovely to get back to it.

And secondly, even though I have had so much more free time without a Facebook account, I did miss the connections.

I set up a new account and I love seeing everyone's pictures and hearing about everyone's lives.

And I do apologize if I inadvertently offended anyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment