Sunday, December 31, 2017

My Eighteen for Two Thousand-Eighteen


Over the past year or so I've started to dive into the world of podcasts.  I'm a bit obsessed with them.  And while I am a morning person, I'm a "wake up early, have a cup of coffee, and do what I want to do for a couple of hours" morning person.  This is probably leftover from my years as a SAHM.  I don't at all dig the "getting ready for work" dance.  Podcasts make it much more bearable.  

One of my favorites is "Happier with Gretchen Rubin" and the "Happier in Hollywood" spinoff that her sister, Elizabeth, cohosts.  Gretchen and Elizabeth issued an "18 for 2018" challenge.  Choose 18 things that you want to accomplish in 2018.  Write them down and post them in a prominent location somewhere.  

Here's what I came up with:
  1. Post here at least weekly.  
  2. Get all of the documentation together to clear my teaching credential in California.
  3. Finish painting the kitchen cabinets.
  4. Call my parents, siblings, and Mikaela weekly.
  5. Establish a bedtime routine that includes face care, teeth care, a shiny kitchen sink, and perform it every night before bed.
  6. Limit coffee out to established coffee dates with friends.
  7. Find a lipstick I like.
  8. Give Brian a "birthday week."--something special each day of his birthday.
  9. Visit Death Valley with Andy and Amanda and their family.
  10. Learn to play either the ukulele or the guitar.
  11. Focus on "a room every two months" to clean, organize, and decorate.
  12. Read Scripture daily.
  13. Connect with Beth.
  14. Find a workout regimen that I like and do it at least three times a week.
  15. Do the Happier Instagram challenge for January and begin a gratitude practice.
  16. Volunteer once a month.
  17. Get Google Educator certified.
  18. Find a therapist.


No comments:

Post a Comment