Monday, December 10, 2012

Text Savvy

Better Half installed a "text free" app on our youngest daughter's iPod touch before he left for the Golden State.

I assumed this was so that he and she could communicate via text, since her mean ogre-of-a-mother thinks that age 11 is too young for a cell phone.

This weekend, she found another *stellar* use for it.

Poor kid did wind up catching some nasty bug.  Fever, chills, headache, cough--the works.

So I did what I always do--set her up in my room with plenty of fluids, medicine, and hours of mindless TV.

Now, my room is toward the back of the house, so usually if my kiddos need me when I'm not routinely peeking in, they have to call for me.  The sound of them mustering the energy to make their voices heard always pulls at my heartstrings and goes along way toward them getting whatever they ask for.

My youngest child decided to be just a little bit more innovative this time and "conserve" her strength:



Yep.  This is what my phone looked like.  All. Day. Long.  Saturday and Sunday.

It took me three hours to clean the kitchen between all of this.

I've discovered that "Mommy, I need you" texts don't tug at my heartstrings.

They grate on my every. last. nerve.

And in the entire two days, I don't believe she sent one text to her dad in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment