Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Saw the Writing on the Wall

It was not going to be a good day today.

We woke up to a downpour.

Baseball games were cancelled.  This is the equivalent of Santa Claus skipping our house at Christmas.

Better Half and I decided this would be a good day to give the house some attention.  It's been sadly neglected for Way. Too. Long.

We made the colossal mistake of enlisting the four young people who live here to help us.

We tried to soften them up ahead of time with a lovely breakfast of homemade French toast, eggs, bacon, and fruit.

That was, as my oldest daughter would say, an epic fail.  Breakfast was twenty minutes of great food--Better Half makes AMAZING French toast (which I didn't eat because it isn't Paleo), and irritable company.

Since then, I've lost count of how many times I've heard "shut up" "stupid" "jeez" "why do I have to (insert any number of things here)?".

Tension is high.

Patience is low.

Liquor stores are still closed in Kansas on Sundays.

I have a confession to make.  Although I fiercely love and adore the five other people who live in this house with me...

Today, I don't like any of them.

And I promise you.  None of them are too fond of me, either.

How soon is too soon to call this day quits, crawl into bed, and pray that tomorrow will be better?




1 comment:

  1. No time is too soon to crawl into bed...especially since you have 5 completely self-sufficient people in your house. Sounds to me like it is time to drive a few blocks for some baby time!

    ReplyDelete