Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Apology Letter

Dear Wonderful Dance Teachers,

Words cannot express how sorry I am that tornadoes were spotted in your area at the same time my ten-year-old daughter was taking class at you studio.

I apologize that I failed to warn you of her lilapsophobia.  But in my defense, I didn't think it was something I needed to bring up yet.  It's the end of February.  For. The. Love.

I can only imagine the freak-out that ensued from my child as other parents came to pick up their children, you stopped class, and planned to trek across the alley to the fire station to hunker down in the nearest tornado shelter.

I am, however, very grateful that my older daughter was there as well to keep the kid from going completely crazy.

Thank you for letting her call home.  I'm glad her dad arrived when he did and you didn't have to drug her and sling her over your shoulder try to calmly get her to the fire station by yourselves.

Because forewarned is forearmed, I do feel that I need to prepare you for next Tuesday.

You will hear "I'm scared" and "I'm worried there's going to be a tornado," more times than you ever thought possible in a two and a half hour time period.

You are welcome to tell her that she may only ask you if you think there will be a tornado before and after class.

If I were you, I would answer "No, I'm sorry, I don't, Sweetie" when she asks if you have a weather.com app on your smartphone.

And no, she may not check weather.com on her iTouch during your class.

And if all else fails, my cell phone number is at the front desk.

Best of luck to you~

Casey

1 comment:

  1. I cannot tell you how good this makes me feel! Only, of course, because now I know my 9 year old isn't the ONLY KID IN THE WORLD with this level of issue regarding tornadoes. Tuesday he was glued to my side the entire night, panicked. The 6 year old, however, looked up when his daddy returned from storm spotting and said, "Oh hi, dad, I was hoping you weren't dead."

    ReplyDelete