Monday, July 13, 2015

The End of an Era

Finally, after nearly sixteen years of being on her service, our very last Tooth Fairy visit is scheduled for tonight.

I hope she stops by the ATM sometime today, because the dentist handed my youngest daughter three beauties (actually, that's pretty much a lie.  I took a quick look and I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth.  Teeth gross me out.)--some of them complete with roots and everything.

Anyway, this pick-up is gonna cost her.

I'm trying to sort out how I feel about this relationship of ours ending.

In all honesty, Ms. Tooth Fairy's service here has been marginal at best.

While other kids were getting neatly folded Lincolns, Matchbox cars, Lego sets, Playstation games, DVDs, Barbie dolls, etc, our kids were lucky if they got Washingtons or a hand-full of change.  I guess she figured since they were home-schooled, there was less chance of them comparing with their peers and realizing just how much they were getting gypped.

In her defense, she did step it up once a formal complaint was lodged by our youngest.  A complaint that coincidentally coincided with enrollment in our local brick and mortar school.  :)

Rarely, if ever, did the Tooth Fairy actually complete her mission on the scheduled pick-up date.  Usually we'd have to wait around for a couple of days.  Even after we moved to California and weather was no longer an issue.

These last few visits, she's been incredibly lazy.  She leaves the money in my wallet by the front door and promises to collect the teeth "next time."

I don't get it.  I have a Facebook account, and Instagram.  She does know that I can see how well she's getting the job done for all those other kids out there, doesn't she?

As I said before, tonight is her last visit.

Here's hoping she nails it.









No comments:

Post a Comment