Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dear Blog,

 I know.  It's been a Really. Long. Time.

And I'm sorry.

I can give you all of the excuses reasons why I haven't posted in a million months.  The school year, drama, kids, drama, tired, drama, husband-has-a-new-job-and-I'm-moving-to-California (Wait.  That is the drama)-did I mention drama?

But they'd be just "reasons."

The truth is, I've been stepping out on you with Facebook.

I'm ashamed.  Truly I am.  But Facebook is easy and convenient.  The little box that asks me "What's on my mind" is small.  I can fire off something quippy and have the nearly instant gratification of  5 likes and 3 comments before I've even scrolled through my newsfeed.  And you know how that feeds my inner narcissist.

You are tougher.  Your box is REALLY big.  I have to have a LOT of words.  Yes.  I know.  This isn't generally a problem.  But the time factor is.  And you have a place for a title.  So not only do I have to fill the big box with LOTS of quippy words, I also have to come up with a quippy title.

Lately, that's just been too much pressure.

So I bailed.

But there you sit every day where I can see you (thanks to Better Half who made a shortcut for you on my bookmarks bar that I have no idea how to remove), making me feel guilty reminding me that I wanted this as a record for my family someday of our wacky crazy life and the wacky crazy things I think at any given moment.

And I do miss you.  Lots.

And people have been asking about you.

Okay.  Fine.  My parents have.  I think they're our only readers anymore.

I know.  Totally my fault.  And it's okay.  This relationship can just be for us.

So, will you give me another chance?

I know I'll have to work hard to earn your trust and that is going to mean putting words in the big box more than once a month.

I'm really going to try.

Love,
Me



1 comment:

  1. yes!! put words in there. put them in the box.
    please!!!

    love, your brother nathan

    (not your parents but close enough)

    ReplyDelete