Friday, July 8, 2011

Kids Think the Darndest Things

I despise the word "turd." I don't know why I dislike it so much, but I do.

Apparently this abhorrence is not genetic. Or if it is, it wasn't passed on to my offspring. My teenagers have no problem using it.

On our way to Kansas City the other day, that word kept flying around the car.

"I really wish you would stop saying that." I said to them. "I really don't like that word."

"Why?" My eleven-year-old asked. "Is it a bad word?"

"It isn't a bad word," I replied. "It's just kind of disgusting. And it really isn't nice to call someone a piece of poop."

"THAT's what a turd is???" My youngest daughter piped up indignantly from the backseat of the vehicle. "They call me that all the time!!! I thought it was short for turtle."

1 comment: